MOON by Simaudio has introduced a new high-end digital-to-analog converter and network audio player. The $15,000 MOON Evolution 780D has a fully balanced differential, dual-mono design using two DAC chips to decode virtually all digital audio formats (up to DSD quad and PCM 32-bit/384-kHz). The unit has a variety of digital inputs--including USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF, optical, and aptX Bluetooth--and it features the MOON intelligent Network Device (MiND) network player.
MOON by Simaudio proudly introduces the MOON 780D Digital-to-Analog Converter with network player, the newest addition to our flagship MOON Evolution Series.
The MOON 780D is the most life-like sounding and technologically advanced digital audio product that we have ever created. This achievement is realized through the use of a fully balanced differential, dual-mono design using two DAC chips, each with 16 unique DAC circuits, that can decode virtually all digital audio formats (up to DSD quad and PCM 32-bit/384-kHz). The heir apparent to the world-class MOON 750D, the new 780D will unleash dynamics and detail that you never thought existed in your digital audio files.
Amongst the various digital inputs is our MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) network player that allows for DSD streaming over ethernet, and access to the TIDAL music service; a gateway to the largest online library of uncompressed music. Other internal features include our MOON Hybrid Power (MHP); a new, ultra-high performance universal power supply and a modular design to help make this revolutionary DAC as future-proof as possible.
Like all Evolution products, the 780D's chassis is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, with careful attention paid to minimizing vibrations. Of course, all the signature features you expect in a MOON Evolution series product are present: SimLink, i2DCf and M-LoVo, to name a few, as well as control ports for custom install environments.
MOON 780D Significant Design Features:
● Nine (9) digital inputs include USB (for Hi-res audio), AES/EBU, SPDIF, Optical, aptX Bluetooth, Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
● MHP (Moon Hybrid Power) is a "High Performance Universal Power Supply" using conductive polymer capacitors, high-speed digital switching and analog linear regulators post stages (non-switch mode) for ultra stable and exceptionally low noise DC output.
● Femto second (vs pico second) clock resulting in much lower jitter and consequently lower distortion
● Twelve stages of DC voltage regulation which includes two stages of M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage Regulation) and four stages of i2DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering).
● On-board programmable software for customization of the end-user interface
● Fully compatible with 820S external power supply
● SimLink controller port for 2-way communications between other MOON components, as well as external control ports for custom install environments.
The MOON 780D will be available in Q3 2015 with an MSRP of $15,000.00 USD.
• Simaudio Introduces MOON Neo 280D DAC at HomeTheaterReview.com.