Marantz has announced details on its newest flagship AV receiver and processor. The SR7011 AV receiver and AV7703 processor--both due out this month with an MSRP of $2,199--feature 11.2-channel processing and support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. The SR7011 (shown here) has nine channels of amplification, rated at 125 watts per channel. Both models also feature built-in support for the HEOS wireless multiroom audio platform, as well as a variety of streaming options. Support for Ultra HD, with HDMI 2.0a connections and HDCP 2.2 copy protection, is also included.
Marantz announces two new flagship models, the SR7011 AV receiver and the AV7703 AV processor. The SR7011 combines all the features needed for the latest audio and video formats (from 4K to Auro 3D capability) with the company's legendary sound quality. The AV7703 AV processor has everything required to make the most of the home cinema experience. Adding to their popularity, each comes with a wide range of network streaming technologies, including HEOS multi-room. Both are expected to be available in October 2016.
The SR7011: made for movies, magical with music ($2,199)
Building on decades of Marantz AV experience, the SR7011 offers not only decoding for all the latest high-resolution surround formats, but handles analog and digital stereo signals with the utmost care. It is compatible with 4K Ultra High Definition video sources and displays.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X/Neural:X are built-in, with a payable software upgrade to enable Auro-3D imminent. The SR7011 has nine 125W channels of ultra-high-quality Marantz amplification onboard, plus 11.2-channel processing pre-outs, allowing it to make the most of these 'immersive surround' formats with its ability to drive a full 5.1.4 enhanced surround system. The amplification itself is built just like any high-end Marantz hi-fi component, using the company's famous HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, selected components and Marantz Current Feedback topology for the purest possible sound--whether slamming out an action movie or gliding through some gentle tunes.
Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is provided for fast, accurate setup, while a whole suite of sound processing technologies including LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ allow the user to make the most of the surround experience.
The eight HDMI inputs provide the flexibility for even the most complex home entertainment system, and with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight, the SR7011 supports 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and BT.2020 pass-through. In other words, it's ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other modern 4K Ultra HD sources, and it can also upscale existing video content to 4K Ultra HD, to make the most of those new 4K displays. Twin HDMI outputs allow you to run both a TV and a projector, while there's also a Zone 2 HDMI out, allowing multi-room audio/video.
For music, the SR7011 is also equipped to become the heart of any home entertainment system, with both Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking for music streaming at resolutions up to 192-kHz/24-bit and DSD 5.6 MHz. Dual-band Wi-Fi reduces the chance of interference, and you can play your favorite music from computers or network storage, access streaming music from the likes of Pandora, SiriusXM, Deezer, Amazon Music, TIDAL, and Spotify Connect (where available; subscription required), or listen to Internet radio. The SR7011 also has built-in Bluetooth and AirPlay for direct streaming from portable devices. As the first of a new generation of Marantz products with built-in HEOS technology, the SR7011 now has more ways to access an enhanced range of music services, as well as fast content browsing with the HEOS App--so users can find and play tunes almost instantly.
HEOS also enhances the multi-room functionality of the SR7011 by allowing the AV Receiver to become part of the HEOS multiroom system. This offers a cutting edge, integrated system rather than pre-existing individual wireless speaker components, optimizing the ability to share whatever users are enjoying with other HEOS speakers and components around the home.
Marantz AV7703: high-end home theater, your way ($2,199)
Also new from Marantz is the latest in a long line of acclaimed home cinema pre-amplifier/processors, the AV7703. With all the processing and format capability of the SR7011, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D, plus full 4K UHD video capability and even HEOS multiroom, the AV7703 is designed to be used with high-quality external power amplifiers like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055 and MM7205. It has 11.2-channel pre-outs on both conventional RCA sockets and balanced XLRs. At its core is the same Audyssey technology and meticulous Marantz audio design used in the SR7011.
In fact, the AV7703 goes further, being designed not just as a superb AV processor but also as an extraordinary analog preamplifier, with a specially designed analog audio circuit board using Marantz HDAM technology. This preamp section is designed for optimal channel separation, minimal crosstalk and enhanced signal-to-noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging. An oversized power supply for the analog section uses audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors to ensure excellent power and dynamic ability.
Designed to form the core of a modular home entertainment system, users can use it with active speakers on all channels, including two subwoofers. The AV7703 puts class-leading audio and video technology, and the superb Marantz sound are at the center of the most ambitious home theater set-up.
SR7011 9.2ch Network AV Receiver - Main Features
• 9-ch discrete power amplifier, 125W per channel; enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
• Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2-ch amplifier), Auro-3D upgradeable; immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
• High-performance 192-kHz/32-bit D/A converters for all channels; highest resolution for music and movie sound
• Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, SubEQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ; delivering the ultimate equalization for your individual room
• Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4-GHz/5-GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth; improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
• HEOS Wireless Music Streaming Technology with HEOS App; comfortable control options and almost unlimited music sources, including Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, and Internet radio
• AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Network Audio Streaming; access to almost unlimited online music sources
• DSD (2.8/5.6 MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support; high Resolution audio streaming for HiFi enthusiasts
• 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (zone). Plenty of inputs for your digital devices; different video in different rooms
• 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020. Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
• Analog to HDMI conversion and full SD/HD to 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources. Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
ISF video calibration. Ready for professional calibration of home cinema TVs or projectors
• Advanced Multi-Room options; 11.2ch pre-out with 11.2ch processing; RS-232 Control
• Audio and video in multiple rooms; ready for 3rd Party Home Automation systems
• Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI for hassle-free installation, setup and operation
• Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App--unprecedented level of command and control
• Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting: energy-conscious without compromising on performance