Simaudio is releasing the MOON Neo 430HA Headphone Amplifier with an optional DAC. Aimed at those desiring "perfection" the new amp will cost $3,500 with another $700 if you want the DAC.
The Nēo 430HA is a genuine "tour de force" loaded with numerous state-of-the-art features. This fully balanced,
pure analog amplifier includes an output stage using a discrete transconductance circuit topology, selectable gain
setting (14 or 20dB), an oversized power supply and a defeatable analog crossfeed circuit. Rated at 667mW at
600 ohms and 8W at 50 ohms, the Neo 430HA will effortlessly drive any headphone to its full potential.
For headphone enthusiasts who desire perfection, the Nēo 430HA is the ultimate solution. Borrowing various
technologies from our more exotic and costlier Evolution series, while incorporating the most advanced analog
audio circuitry, the 430HA will achieve the very best possible sonic performance from your headphones. The
optional DSD256 and 32-bit PCM capable DAC can be used with virtually any digital source such a computer
for streaming music, satellite TV receiver or Blu-Ray player, offering the same fidelity as your music system.
The Neo 430HA is destined to establish a whole new set of standards for headphone amplification.
MOON Neo 430HA Significant Design Features:
● Inputs include 2 single-ended on RCA's, 1 balanced on XLR's and 1 single-ended on 1/8" jack located on the front panel
● Outputs include a pair of 3-pin XLR and one 4-Pin XLR located on the front panel behind a sliding window, a 1/4" TRS jack,
as well as both fixed and variable line-level single-ended RCA stereo pairs
● M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage) DC regulation circuit: a highly sophisticated circuit that is virtually free of noise, yielding an
exceptionally fast, precise, and stable DC voltage. The result is a power supply with a virtually unmeasureable noise floor
● M-eVOL2 volume control with 530 steps and channel matching of 0.1dB
● Optional fully asynchronous DAC supports DSD up to DSD256 (USB only); PCM from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (32-bit USB only)
● Optional DAC provides four digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with any digital source
● RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates; IR input for external control
● SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications between other MOON components; 12V trigger output.
The MOON Neo 430HA will be available in Q3 2014 with an MSRP $3,500.00 USD;
Add $700.00 for the optional DSD256 / 32-bit PCM digital-to-analog converter.