OPPO Digital has introduced a new headphone amplifier/DAC, the $299 HA-2. The HA-2 uses class AB amplification and offers a USB DAC that supports PCM audio up to 32-bit/384-kHz and DSD audio up to 12 MHz (DSD256 or DSD4x). This portable device has a thin, light form with a rechargeable battery that charges quickly and can also charge connected devices.
From OPPO Digital
Adding a new member to its award-winning personal audio product portfolio, OPPO Digital released the HA-2 portable headphone amplifier and DAC today.
The HA-2 is an elegant yet sophisticated portable headphone amplifier with a built-in rechargeable battery. It is engineered to enhance music playback from mobile phones and portable music players. Aesthetically, the HA-2 does not look like a typical or generic electronic device. Its genuine leather casing with contrast stitching and beveled aluminum edges are eye-catching and cannot be confused with any other product. Its fit and finish will instill a sense of pride when using the product.
Featuring hybrid class AB amplification and a USB DAC, the HA-2 offers high-performance digital-to-analog conversion for Apple's iPhone/iPod products, a wide range of Android devices, and PC and Mac computers. The HA-2 may be conveniently used to charge mobile devices on-the-go and itself can be efficiently charged in 30 minutes. Headphones, from very sensitive in-ear monitors to the most power-hungry over-the-ears, can all benefit from the HA-2's excellent performance and powerful amplification.
Key features of the HA-2 include:
• Ultra-slim Design - Stacking the HA-2 on top of some smartphone models is often still thinner than other portable headphone amplifier models alone.
• ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC - ES9018-K2M DAC chip delivers high-resolution performance with extremely low noise and distortion.
• High-Resolution Audio - The HA-2 supports PCM audio up to 384-kHz/32-bit and DSD audio up to 12 MHz (DSD256 or DSD4x). No Camera Connection Kit required for high-resolution playback from iOS devices.
• Multiple Devices Support -The HA-2 supports multiple device types for digital-to-analog conversion via USB: iPod / iPhone / iPad, smartphones with USB OTG feature, PC and Mac computers.
• Rapid Charging - The HA-2's internal battery can be quickly charged in about 30 minutes with the patented rapid charger.
• Mobile Power Bank - The HA-2 functions as an external battery pack to charge mobile devices.
With smartphone use increasing all the time, users are often carrying a device that is capable of storing high-quality audio files. The HA-2 is a very mobile-centric portable headphone amplifier and DAC that pairs exceptionally well with iOS and Android devices, and it can offer a significant improvement in sound quality over the amplification and DAC available in the mobile device itself, without adding excessive bulk and weight so as to make the combination inconvenient.
The HA-2 offers two USB DAC input ports - one for Apple's iPhone/iPod, and the other for Android devices, PC and Mac computers. A 3.5mm input works with the remaining portable music players that do not have a USB-compatible digital output. There are two gain level settings. The High Gain mode is capable of driving large power-hungry headphones, delivering up to 300 mW into 16-ohm headphones. The Low Gain mode is intended for sensitive in-ear Monitor type earphones. For users who like a bit more punch and impact with their music, the HA-2 offers a Bass Boost function that is implemented purely with analog audio circuits.
With its excellent sound quality, elegant style and mobile-friendly features, the OPPO HA-2 headphone amplifier is a great companion to any smartphone or portable music player for enjoying high resolution music on the go. The HA-2 is available now in limited supply from OPPO Digital's website at a retail price of $299.