Optoma has added a new model to its lineup of 4K-friendly DLP projectors. Joining the previously released UHD60 and UHD65, the new UHZ65 adds a laser light source, which delivers improved contrast, instant on/off, and a rated lifespan of 20,000 hours. The new model uses the same TI 4K chip and has the same rated light output as the UHD60: 3,000 lumens. The UHZ65 is available now for $4,499.
Optoma today released the Optoma UHZ65, a state-of-the-art, masterfully engineered 4K UHD laser home theater projector. Delivering incredibly sharp images with a high level of detail and breathtaking color, the Optoma UHZ65 integrates all the latest technology innovations in color, light source and resolution for market-leading performance as well as price, as the UHZ65 is now available for just $4,499.
On the heels of introducing the industry's first affordable 4K resolution projector with the UHD60, Optoma is adding a cutting-edge laser phosphor light source to the mix for an elevated, reliable home viewing experience. Able to project 4K UHD images of 140-plus inches, viewers will experience the full 4K resolution from up to 11 feet away, surpassing size and viewing capabilities of 4K TVs on the market today to provide the best price-per-inch home entertainment experience. Its powerful laser phosphor light engine, High Dynamic Range (HDR) in the form of HDR10, vertical lens shift and massive 1.6x zoom, take image quality to world-class, cinema quality.
"The Optoma UHZ65 is the culmination of years of design iterations, engineering and testing to bring the highest quality home cinema projector to market for a price that consumers can afford," said Brian Soto, head of product management, Optoma Technology. "With 4K content now readily available, and entertainment options always expanding, we are delivering on our goal to provide an entertainment experience that can truly envelop a room and an audience at home."
In addition, the Optoma UHZ65 features PureMotion technology to dramatically enhance games, movies, and sports by eliminating noise, motion blur, and erratic movement in fast motion video, producing images that are clear, consistent, and smooth.
Optoma UHZ65 Specifications:
• Resolution: Full / native ultra-high-definition 3840x2160 resolution on screen
• Brightness: 3,000 lumens for great viewing in dark room or with ambient light
• Contrast: 2,000,000:1 with Dynamic Black enabled
• Color: HDR-compatible color gamuts Rec.709, REC.2020 and DCI-P3, means incredibly rich colors
• Lamp Life and Type: Its laser phosphor provides a remarkable 20,000 hours of life, eliminating the need to replace the light source throughout the life of the projector
• Imaging Processing and Stability: PureEngine's PureMotion technology eliminates noise, motion blur, and judder in fast motion video, producing clear and consistently smooth images
• Aspect Ratio: 16x9 native, 4:3 auto, LBX (2160p and 1080p)
• Throw Ratio: 1.39 - 2.22
• Noise: 33/29dB (Bright/ECO)
• Audio: Integrated dual stereo speakers for crisp, loud audio
• I/O: HDMI 1.4a, HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP 2.2, MHL 2.1 and Full 18Gbps), VGA-In, Audio-In (3.5mm), Audio-Out, SDPIF Out (Optical/2 Channel ONLY), USB 2.0 Port (Service), USB-A Power, RJ45, RS232C
The Optoma UHZ65 is powered by a revolutionary Texas Instruments 4K DLP UHD chipset with a high performance DMD utilizing XPR video processing technology with fast switching to display 8.3 million distinct pixels, meeting the Consumer Technology Association's 4K UHD 2160p specification.
The Optoma UHZ65 will be available for purchase at an estimated street price of $4,499 at ProjectorPeople.com, ProjectorScreen, ProjectorSuperstore, Full Compass and Visual Apex.