Paradigm has added two new subwoofers to its Prestige line. The Prestige 2000SW ($3,999) uses a 15-inch X-PAL Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofer and 2,000-watt Ultra-Class-D Amplifier, while the Prestige 1000SW ($2,999) uses a 12-inch X-PAL Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofer and 1,000-watt Ultra-Class-D Amplifier. Both models are available in a variety of finishes and include front-mounted controls for level, cut-off frequency, and phase, as well as a PBK on/off control and a Tone Sweep control that can assist you in locating rattles and resonances in your listening room.
Paradigm Electronics Inc. announces two brand new subwoofers in its extensive line-up: The 12" Prestige 1000SW and 15" Prestige 2000SW. Paradigm is renowned for building powerful subwoofers, and the Prestige 1000SW and 2000SW are no exceptions. Designed, engineered and crafted in Canada, the new Prestige Series subwoofers feature a clean design with front-mounted controls, four beautiful finishes and a built-in Ultra-Class D power amplifier to boost deep, powerful bass. As an added benefit, both Prestige subwoofers also ship with Paradigm's Perfect Bass Kit (PBK). This state-of-the-art "bass perfecting" system analyzes the subwoofer's response in your room, then sets the correct equalization parameters to attain optimal bass performance.
• 3,400W Dynamic Peak; 2,000W RMS
• 15" X-PAL Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofer with Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) Surround
1,700W Dynamic Peak; 1,000W RMS
• 12" X-PAL Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofer with Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) Surround
Available in the four Prestige finishes, the new Prestige Series subwoofers utilize X-PAL Pure-Aluminum cone woofers and patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) surrounds, as well as front-mounted controls for easy access, including all of your standard subwoofer controls like Level, Cut-Off Frequency and Phase, plus two unique bonus controls. One bonus control is the PBK On/Off, allowing you to quickly hear and compare the difference before and after running PBK.
Also unique on the control panel is the Tone Sweep feature, which assists users in locating areas in listening rooms where troublesome rattles or resonances may occur. A single press of the "Sweep" button allows listeners to initiate a full tone sweep. If a rattle or resonance occurs in the room, a second press of the button holds the current frequency allowing the listener to investigate and identify the source.
• Efficient Ultra-Class-D Amplifier: More than 90 percent efficient, Prestige subwoofers are designed to completely control the bass driver for up to 2,000 watts of sustained power.
• Ultra-Low Noise Transformer: Unlike cumbersome and heavy transformers used in line frequency power supplies, the Prestige 2000SW uses noise-reducing networks and an advanced control circuit resulting in high current and ultra-quiet operation.
• Digital Signal Processing: Paradigm has maximized processor efficiency and audio output to deliver a consistent and musical bass without audible distortion--even when the played at loudest level.
• Super-strong diecast basket features an integrated heat sink for higher power handling, better bass, and better dynamics and less power compression.
• Lightweight, extremely durable high-excurision Nomex spider design: delivers a longer life of flexibility and performance. Nomex is 10 times stronger than industry-standard cotton-based spider material.
High Excursion Bass Driver:
• Paradigm's Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) Surrounds: Made in-house and overmolded directly to each cone, ART surrounds achieve greater excursions for a 3dB gain in distortion-free output (50 percent greater) compared to drivers with standard surrounds. (US patents: D654,479S and 8,340,340B2)
• X-PAL Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofers: combine lightweight stiffness with high consistency for a greater degree of accuracy and smooth, uncolored frequency response. Matching X-PAL dust caps ensure a more uniform dynamic response and a clean, modern aesthetic.
• ParDual Voice Coil Design: Wound on high-temperature Kapton formers, the multi-layer voice coils provide exceptional motor strength.
• Extruded-Aluminum Center Heatsinks: Provide internal forced-air cooling to force heat away and increase power handing while reducing distortion.
The Prestige 2000SW is $3,999/ea (US MSRP) including PBK for the Walnut, Black Walnut and Piano Black finishes. The Prestige 1000SW is $2,999/ea (US MSRP) including PBK for Walnut, Black Walnut and Piano Black. The Midnight Cherry finish is special order and a $300 premium for both subwoofers. Paradigm has begun shipping Prestige Series subwoofers worldwide. See an authorized Paradigm dealer for details.
• Paradigm Prestige 95F Floorstanding Speaker Reviewed at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Paradigm Revamps Its Custom-Installed Category with Three Speaker Lines at HomeTheaterReview.com.