The PV-150 is a two-driver, two-way in-wall speaker, utilizing a one-inch silk dome tweeter mated to a five-and-a-half-inch bass/midrange driver. The PV-150 has a reported frequency response of 75Hz-20kHz and is relatively efficient with its 88dB rating into an eight-ohm load.
The PV-150 comes from the factory in a white finish. It can be painted to match any d�cor, though you'll want to paint the grilles with a spray nozzle rather than a roller to ensure the sound reaches your listening position. Beyond the unlimited finish options, the PV-150 can be installed into a standard wall cavity between the studs and is easy enough to set in place by even a novice DIYer.
Read much more on Page 2 about the Paradigm PV-150 In-wall Speakers
• The Paradigm PV-150 offers a startling amount of performance in a small, compact and affordable package. You'll be surprised at the level of refinement and musicality $149 per pair buys you with the PV-150s.
• The PV-150 has a smooth top end and a rich, natural midrange.
• The PV-150 is quite dynamic and can play at everything but insane levels. In terms of soundstaging, the PV-150 doesn't disappoint, though the front to back performance isn't as great as the lateral. However, if you mount them with the tweeters at or near ear level, their imaging is astounding.
• The PV-150s are among the easiest in-wall loudspeakers to install and can be set up and enjoyed in as little as thirty minutes, provided you have the simple required tools on hand, such as a manual drywall saw and paint.
• Due to their less than 90dB efficiency, the PV-150s require a capable receiver and/or integrated amp to come to life. Most modern receivers costing upwards of $500 but less than $1,000 should do nicely, though if you can and are willing to spend more, the PV-150s will reward you in spades.
• Because of their compact size and small driver complement, the PV-150s require a sub to sound full-range. Happily, Paradigm now makes a line of in-wall subwoofers that mate nicely with the PV-150s.
• The PV-150 is a great entry level in-wall loudspeaker and may be all you need in small to medium-sized rooms, though if you're willing to spend a bit more and step up in the Paradigm in-wall line, you will hear the benefits. For ambient listening or as part of a whole house music system, the PV-150s are spot on.
If you've been longing for in-walls speakers for a secondary system or to round out a whole home automation system, but don't want to lose your shirt in the process, the PV-150s from Paradigm are tailor-made for you. If you're looking for affordable in-walls to complement your new HDTV, the PV-150s are more than up to the task, for no matter how you slice it, the performance they provide for the money may be without equal. While you can best them by spending more, if your budget is tight, the PV-150s may be all the in-wall speakers you need.