Pioneer has announced two new Elite-branded AV receivers at affordable price points: the $700 LX301 and $500 LX101. Both are 7.1-channel receivers featuring Dolby Atmos (DTS:X coming soon), MCACC automatic room calibration, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, built-in Wi-Fi, AirPlay, Bluetooth, Google Cast, and integrated streaming services like Tidal and Pandora. The LX301 and LX101 will be available in April.
Reproducing masterful sound is now easy, as Pioneer Home Entertainment U.S.A. announces the details for its new Elite network AV receivers: the LX301 and LX101. Both will be available next month for an MSRP of $700 for the LX301 and $500 for the LX101.
The LX301 and the LX101 are 7.1-channel receivers with 170 W/ch and 140 W/ch, respectively, and both units utilize the company's Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) to create the ideal acoustic environment. Using the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes the response. As a result, it creates a professional-level environment that faithfully reproduces the beauty of the master audio.
The two Elite AV receivers also have an innovative solution for the phase lag caused by the network filter that can occur between the subwoofer and the main channel speakers. Pioneer's Phase Control compensates for any delay in bass to improve sound synchronization, and achieve a clearer reproduction of sound in the middle and high-frequency bands.
Additional features for both units include:
• Supports Dolby Atmos and is DTS:X-ready via a firmware update scheduled for this fall.
• Reflex Optimizer enables you to enjoy Dolby Atmos 3D surround sound without having overhead speakers.
• Both receivers support 4K/60p/4:4:4 24-bit video signal transmission with HDCP 2.2 technology.
• Wireless connectivity includes GoogleCast, AirPlay, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi as well as FireConnect, a wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver--from vinyl to streaming audio--on optional FireConnect-compatible speakers in other rooms. (Future firmware required. Multi-Room Audio requires Optional Future FireConnect compatible Pioneer 2016 WiFi Speaker. We do not guarantee that the AV Receiver will support all devices incorporating FireConnect.)
• Enjoy a limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from Internet radio stations and online music services, including Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, TIDAL, and DEEZER. (Future firmware required for TIDAL and DEEZER. DEEZER is not available in the U.S.)
• In addition to high-resolution sound sources (192-kHz/24-bit) in FLAC, WAV, AIFF and Apple lossless file formats, DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) and Dolby TrueHD files are also supported.
• Beginning April 1, all 2016 Elite AV receivers will enjoy a three-year warranty.
• Pioneer Introduces XPD-100R Digital Audio Player with MQA Support at HomeTheaterReview.com.