Pioneer has announced a new addition to its Elite AV receiver lineup: the $599 VSX-LX103 is a 7.2-channel AV receiver with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling, Dolby Vision/HDR10/HLG pass-through, powered zone-two outputs, and the company's Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System. The VSX-LX103 is rated at 80 watts per channel (eight ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, THD 0.08 percent, 2ch driven, FTC), and it features Chromecast built-in (with support for Google Assistant), Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth, DTS Play-Fi, and FireConnect.
For consumers looking for masterful sound and unparalleled visuals at an entry-level price, Pioneer & Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation has the perfect solution as the company announced the details of its new Elite network AV receiver: the VSX-LX103 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver. Featuring more connectivity and multi-zone features, the new receiver is now available for an MSRP of $599 (USD) and $749.99 (CAD).
Featuring 5.2.2 channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the VSX-LX103 is a 7.2-channel receiver with plenty of power, with 170W/ch amplification (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10%, 1ch driven). This power can also be directed through new Powered Zone 2 outputs to enjoy audio from speakers in another room. Zone 2 Pre/Line Out has also been added for consumers utilizing a dedicated amplifier in Zone 2.
The VSX-LX103 also increases device connectivity with two additional HDMI inputs. It features 6 HDMI In / 1 Out and supports Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2, 4K/60-Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), WCG (Wide Color Gamut) and Ultra HD upscaling (1080p to 4K).
The VSX-LX103 also incorporates the latest in Pioneer audio technologies that ensure easy setup and reference grade sound. Upon setup, the company's Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) creates the ideal acoustic environment via the receiver's custom microphone so that the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes the response.
Additionally, Pioneer's onboard Phase Control compensates for phase lag between the subwoofer and the main channel speakers by improving sound synchronization to achieve a clearer reproduction of sound in the middle and high frequency bands.
Additional features include:
• Reflex Optimizer enhances object-based audio reproduction from upward firing Dolby Atmos 'enabled' speakers.
• Works with Google Assistant so you can tell the VSX-LX103 to turn up the volume, skip tracks, or stop the music using a device with the Google Assistant built-in, like Google Home.
• Wireless connectivity includes Chromecast built-in, Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth, DTS Play-Fi, Wi-Fi, as well as FireConnect, Pioneer's wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver on compatible speakers in other rooms.
• Enjoy a limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from internet radio stations and online music services, including Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer.
• In addition to high-resolution sound source (192-kHz/24-bit) in FLAC, WAV, AIFF and ALAC file formats, DSD (2.8/5.6 MHz) and Dolby TrueHD files are also supported.
• Custom integration features common in Elite receivers including IR in, 12V Trigger out, RS-232c and a detachable power cable.
• Comes with Pioneer's three-year warranty.
• Pioneer Elite SC-LX901 11.2-Channel AV Receiver Reviewed at HomeTheaterReview.com.