Questyle's new hi-res portable audio players, the QP1 ($599) and the QP1R ($899), will offically start shipping this month. The QP1 has 16 GB of internal storage, while the QP1R has 32 GB, and both include two Micro SD expansion card slots. Both models use Questyle's patented Current Mode amplification with a built-in headphone amplifier, and they support the playback of a variety of file types up to 24/192, as well as native DSD.
From Questyle Audio
Questyle Audio is proud to release their new set of premium digital audio players (DAP). Starting with their exhibition May 14th at High End Exhibition in Munich, followed May 16th at the Tokyo Headphone Festival and May 28th at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, worldwide headphone enthusiasts and audiophiles will have a chance to experience these versatile audio players for the first time.
Questyle Audio's QP1 ($599) and QP1R ($899) up the ante for portable music servers or DAPs with their patented Current Mode amplification technology incorporated into a built-in high-end headphone amplifier, as well as a world class DAC complete with two Micro SD Card storage expansion slots that support up to 128 GB each for a potential 256 GB over the already generous internal memory (16 GB for the QP1 and 32 GB for the QP1R). Both players are presented in elegant machined aluminum and glass casings, available in champagne gold or space gray. With a simple and intuitive GUI interface together with the analog-like qualities of True DSD, the QP1 and QP1R offer a whole new listening experience for virtually any headphone.
QP1 and QP1R Features:
• Patented "Current Mode Amplification" headphone amplifier, with discrete components for Pure Class A circuitry
• Audio Format support: WAV, FLAC, APE, AIFF, ADPCM, LPCM, MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, OGG, AAC, ALAC, DFF, DSF
• Sample rate: 44.1kHz to 192kHz (16/24 bits per sample) FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF
• DSD Native: DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz) / DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz)
• Frequency response: 20Hz-20 kHz
• Output impedance: < 0.19Ω
• THD+N: 0.002%
• Output: 3.5MM headphone output, 3.5MM line out & optical output
• Memory: 16GB(QP1)/32GB(QP1R) Internal Flash, plus supports two 128GB Micro SD card slots
• Battery: 3,300mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer, 8-10 hours playing time
• Charge time: approx. 3 hours with 5V/2A adapter
• Body: aluminum case, available color finishes Space Gray and Champagne Gold
• Manufactured for Questyle by Foxconn
As Questyle sought the highest standards of craftsmanship, they discovered Foxconn, the factory that manufactures many things Apple, to be the only factory to meet their demanding quality requirements. Because of their mutual mission to produce only the finest quality products, a strategic manufacturing partnership was born.
Preorders for the QP1 and QPR are expected to ship in late May with all other orders to be fulfilled in late June.