Rega has teamed up with legendary rock band Queen to produce a limited-edition "Queen by Rega" turntable, to coincide with the release of the 18-piece Queen 180g vinyl LP boxed set. The $650 turntable is "influenced" by the Rega RP1, and only 2,000 will be produced--with 200 headed to the United States, available exclusively through The Sound Organisation's authorized Rega dealers.
From The Sound Organisation
The Sound Organisation announces that Rega was approached by the legendary rock band Queen to produce a limited-edition, fully licensed turntable to coincide with the release of the Queen 18-piece 180g vinyl LP boxset containing all 15 hit studio albums sourced from the original master tapes mastered by Bob Ludwig and cut at Abbey Road studios. Both brand and band are quintessentially English, and the combination of engineering and musical achievements make for a perfect match.
• Influenced by the award winning Rega RP1.
• A custom-designed high-gloss black acrylic laminated plinth silk-screened with a gold 'Queen by Rega' logo.
• Hand-built RB101 tonearm.
• Factory-fitted Rega Carbon moving magnet cartridge designed specifically for the RB101 tonearm.
• Low noise low vibration 24v synchronous high-performance motor.
• Queen dust cover lid badge.
• Silk-screened 'Queen Crest' platter from artwork created by Freddie Mercury.
Only 2,000 turntables will be manufactured at the Rega facility, with 200 heading to the U.S. market and available exclusively through The Sound Organisation's authorized Rega dealers at an MSRP of $650, including RB101 tone arm and carbon MM Cartridge. Availability is late September, and preorders are being taken now. The Queen Vinyl Box Set is sold separately through Virgin EMI Records.