Roku has announced plans to offer a limited-edition Roku SE player that will sell for just $25 over Black Friday Weekend. The player will run the newest Roku OS 7 and have all the new features contained therein. It supports 1080p output and voice search and works with Roku's updated mobile app. The Roku SE will be available online and through select retailers.
Roku Inc. has unveiled an early look at some of its Black Friday specials, helping streamers get a head start on their shopping lists. The company introduced the Roku SE streaming player, a special-edition player that will be available in limited supply for the Black Friday weekend online and at select national retailers. With the suggested retail price of $49.99, slashed to a deep Black Friday discount of just $25, the Roku SE is the most affordable Roku player ever. In addition, promotions on other popular Roku streaming models may be offered during the Black Friday weekend.
The new Roku SE streaming player:
• Runs Roku OS 7, the company's newest built-for-TV operating system
• Offers 1080p video streaming and a simple user interface
• Provides access to nearly 3,000 streaming channels including 300,000 movies and TV episodes
• Search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors across 20+ top streaming channels and easily see available streaming options by price and availability; plus follow and receive notifications for box office movies and other entertainment when available for streaming
• Compatible with HDMI and analog TVs
• Roku Mobile App for iOS or Android offers mobile access to key features such as Roku Search, Roku Feed, Remote Control, Play on Roku and more
• Cast content from a mobile device to the TV via specific streaming channels or the Roku Mobile App
• Use on the go with Hotel and Dorm Connect for quick wireless connectivity in locations that require log-in credentials to access the Wi-Fi network
"The popularity of streaming to the TV continues to grow, and streaming players are sure to be at the top of many holiday wish lists," said Roku Chief Marketing Officer Matthew Anderson. "The Roku SE player sets a new precedent in streaming player value this Black Friday. From 4K UHD streaming with the new Roku 4, to the simple and portable Roku Streaming Stick, to the affordable Roku SE; there's a Roku player for everyone."
Consumers will also find the entire line-up of Roku players online and at major national retailers this holiday season, including:
• Roku 4 - The best Roku player ever; supports 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps streaming; features voice search, headphone jack and remote finder
• Roku 3 - Lightning fast and loaded; features remote with voice search and headphone jack
• Roku 2 - High performance at a great value
• Roku 1 - Great value; works with newer HDMI and older composite cable TVs
• Roku Streaming Stick - Ideal for wall-mounted TVs; portable and powerful for streaming anywhere, anytime
• NBC Launches Strwaming Channel for Roku Players at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Roku Remains Top-Selling Streaming Media Player, Apple TV Falls to Fourth Place at HomeTheaterReview.com.