A brand new update from Roku adds a variety of cool features to the platform. Now, Roku users may use the platform for easy photo sharing using the Photo Streams function. there are new sound modes including auto speech clarity, an update to the content discovery menu, and the mobile app enjoys a ” supercharged“ refresh.
Roku Photo Streams allows users to create a personalized screensaver using their own photos. Upload images from a computer or phone to a Roku device and set them as screensavers, it turns your TV into a digital photo frame. With Shared Streams these image collections can be easily uploaded and shared with other Roku users, and an album with added photos can be created by sharing a Stream with friends and family.
Roku plans to roll out this update over the next few weeks.
“At Roku, we are laser-focused on tailoring the streaming and visual experience to fit our customers' personal preferences. We recognize not everyone interacts with their TV in the same way, so we are proud to offer a platform full of choice, while simultaneously providing our users an easy-to-use experience. With Roku OS 11, we’re offering a platform with new personalized updates across search, audio, content discovery along with a new feature that allows our customers to display and even share photo albums through Roku devices.”Gidon Katz, Senior Vice President Product & Experience at Roku
• Automatic Speech Clarity and Sound Modes – Roku strives to deliver the best sound possible. The new automatic speech clarity setting on Roku audio products dynamically identifies and amplifies dialogue.
• New Roku Streambar and Speaker Sound Modes– Choose the best settings for your streaming. By pressing the star button* on your Roku remote or using the Roku mobile app, you can switch between our new sound modes, Standard, Dialogue, Movie, Music, and Night.
• As part of its A/V sync expansion, Roku now supports player and audio devices via a simple calibration tool within the Roku Mobile app. This feature is available when a player or Streambar device is connected to the Roku mobile app.
EXPANDED CONTENT DISCOVERY
• What to Watch on Home Screen Menu – What to Watch is a new destination on the Home Screen Menu that leads to movies and TV shows from popular streaming channels. There's also a personalized selection of new titles, and recommendations for users based on popular and trending content.
• Live TV on Home Screen Menu – With a Live TV Zone on the Home Screen Menu, users can easily access free live and linear content from The Roku Channel, as well as cable alternatives like Hulu, fuboTV and YouTube TV. From now on, you can find the latest local and national news, sports, movies, and more in the new Live TV section.
• Voice Enabled Keyboard – Roku Voice simplifies device setup and app channel login by allowing users to voice-enter email, password, and PIN. Voice-enabled keyboards in Spanish, German, and Portuguese will be available in OS 11.
• Mobile Content Details – With OS 11, the free Roku mobile app will have a more visual search experience. As part of OS 11, new visual elements highlight where to stream movies and TV shows for free or within existing subscriptions, allowing everyone to get more out of the channels they pay for.
It now includes visual images of the cast and crew to help you choose what to watch. All of these updates complement the new Save List feature, which allows you to save movies and TV shows to watch later.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.