The LN52A850 also features three entertainment modes called sports, cinema, and games; each offers fixed video and audio settings meant to suit that type of entertainment. So, if you don't wish to wade through all the video and audio parameters we just described, you can simply select an entertainment mode and let the TV make the adjustments for you.
• Auto Motion Plus 120Hz technology effectively reduces motion blur and offers multiple settings to tailor the motion to your liking.
• The Ultra Clear Panel's reflective screen does help blacks look darker and create better contrast in a room with some ambient lighting.
• The 52LNA850 has a low-profile form factor, with a 1.9-inch depth and less bezel than previous Samsung models.
• This TV has a 1080p resolution and will accept 24p sources via its HDMI inputs.
• The TV has numerous connection options and picture adjustments.
• The Ethernet port allows for media streaming and access to news, weather, and stock information.
• The Ultra Clear Panel makes reflected images more visible (even more so than many plasmas), which can be distracting when trying to watcher dark content in a very bright room.
• This TV falls at the higher end of the price spectrum for a 52-inch 1080p LCD.
The LN52A850 is loaded with most of Samsung's top-of-the-line technologies, features, and design elements. You can find less-expensive 52-inch 120Hz displays, even in Samsung's line; however, if you want a fully loaded, high-performing LCD, this one deserves your attention.
• Read more LED HDTV reviews by the staff at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Find a Blu-ray player to get the most out of the LN52A850.