Samsung is showing of its 2015 TV line at this week's International CES. Sitting at the top is the new SUHD Series of 4K Ultra HD televisions that combine nano-crystal semiconductor technology (aka quantum dots) with High Dynamic Range capability to produce a wider color gamut and greatly improved contrast. The SUHD TVs will also include Samsung's newly redesigned smart TV interface, which will offer a host of new features. The SUHD lineup includes three series--the JS9500 (shown here), JS9000 and JS8500--with screen sizes from 48 to 88 inches.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. has unveiled an extensive lineup of SUHD TVs--setting a new standard in premium UHD content and elevating the viewing experience to new levels.
The innovative SUHD TV celebrates a major milestone in the UHD era. It surpasses the limitations of previous displays, delivering superior picture quality with stunning contrast, striking brightness and spectacular color.
Additionally, Samsung's SUHD TVs have a number of new and exciting features-its SUHD re-mastering engine delivers an unrivaled viewing experience; its stylish curved design provides viewers with a more immersive viewing experience; and its Smart TV functions are now powered by Tizen, giving viewers easy access to their favorite content.
Introducing Unmatched Picture Quality
Utilizing Samsung's proprietary, eco-friendly nano-crystal technology and intelligent SUHD re-mastering picture quality engine, Samsung SUHD TVs demonstrate groundbreaking advances in contrast, brightness, color reproduction, and detail to deliver an overall superior picture quality experience.
SUHD TV's nano-crystal semiconductor transmits different colors of light depending on their size to produce the highest color purity and light efficiency available today. This technology produces a wide range of more accurate colors, providing viewers with 64 times more color expression than conventional TVs. The SUHD re-mastering engine automatically analyzes the brightness of images to minimize additional power consumption while expressing ultimate contrast levels, producing images with much darker blacks and an elevated brightness up to 2.5 times brighter than conventional TVs and twice the color adjustment points for the most accurate color display.
By collaborating with the leading Hollywood studio 20th Century Fox, Samsung has been able to optimize content to meet premium quality SUHD standards. This allows for consumers to have an unrivaled UHD viewing experience.
Most recently, Samsung partnered with the Fox Innovation Lab to re-master multiple scenes from its critically acclaimed film Exodus by Ridley Scott, specifically for the SUHD TV. The result was spectacular - generating more vivid colors and lifelike scenes.
Furthermore, Samsung's SUHD TVs use environmentally friendly technology to deliver best-in-class energy efficiency and reliability.
Sophisticated And Improved Curved Designs
When Samsung introduced the curved form factor in 2013, it dramatically enhanced the home entertainment experience for consumers. Taking cues from contemporary art and architecture, Samsung's were designed and enhanced with many modern and minimalist highlights.
The Samsung SUHD TV JS9500 will feature Samsung's Chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen, and the elegant frame makes the TV look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall. The SUHD TV JS9000 model has a soft, textured Shirring design on the back, ensuring the TV maintains its stylish edge from any angle.
New Smart TV Redefines the Future Entertainment Experience
New for 2015, all of Samsung's Smart TVs, including the new SUHD TV, will be powered by Tizen, an open-source platform that supports the web standard for TV app development. Thanks to Tizen, Samsung's new Smart TV platform not only has a bevy of new features, but it also allows consumers intuitive access, a more integrated entertainment experience, and more choices for content than ever before.
• The new user interface for Samsung's Smart Hub is more responsive and playful, allowing users easier access to the content they want. It is simplified to just one screen, displaying your most recent content and tailored content recommendations for even more entertainment options.
• With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognize Samsung smartphones once paired via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology. Consumers can share video content from their Samsung smart phone to their Smart TV with the press of a button. Also, users can watch TV through their mobile devices without any apps or complicated pre-settings.
• Consumers will be able to stream UHD movies and TV shows from providers such as Amazon, Comcast, DIRECTV, M-GO, and Netflix. In addition, Samsung has enabled a new UHD movie download service utilizing its existing UHD Video Pack in partnership with M-GO, a premium TVOD service and joint venture between Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation. This download service uses the SCSA (Secure Content Storage Association) standards. In 2015, this service will offer the highest quality content for both Samsung SUHD and UHD TVs.
• Samsung Sports Live allows users to watch live games while simultaneously checking team and player stats on the same screen. Samsung has also partnered with global games companies for a large and varied games catalogue.
• Samsung introduces its very own Milk Video platform allowing consumers to discover, collect, and share all of the web's best videos seamlessly. Milk Video curates the most popular and interesting video clips from websites, and video giving consumers access to premium content from a fast-growing list of almost 50 content partners.
• Samsung Smart TV owners can wake-up a bit easier with Briefing on TV. Samsung Smart TVs now act as an alarm, and sync up with Samsung mobile devices, to turn on and display important items such as the time, weather and your schedule with a large screen for the day.
• Samsung's platform powered by Tizen allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, allowing easy collaboration with a number of partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
• Tizen's compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung's Smart TVs as the control center of any Smart Home. Samsung's new Smart TV with Tizen sets the standard for future Smart TVs, redefining the entertainment experience.
Samsung will offer three new series of SUHD TVs - JS9500, JS9000 and JS8500 - in nine screen sizes from 48" to 88", so consumers are able to purchase not only the best possible picture, but a TV that best fits their needs.
• Samsung Debuts New Smart TV Platform at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• M-GO Launches 4K VOD Service, in Partnership with Samsung at HomeTheaterReview.com.