• The Sennheiser HD 205-II headphones are an affordable solution to generic headphones or ear buds that come standard with most portable devices such as iPods.
• Sennheiser HD 205-IIs are designed to be used by DJs and recording artists; however they're quite enjoyable for everyday listening and are robust enough in their build quality to withstand a lot of day-to-day, real world punishment.
• The Sennheiser HD 205-II's fully padded, semi-enclosed design makes long term wear comfortable and fatigue-free.
• The Sennheiser HD 205-II's rotatable ear cups mean you don't have to listen with the headband always over head, preserving your hair style and/or your street cred.
• The Sennheiser HD 205-II lean slightly to the cool/lean side of the spectrum like a lot of budget cans; however unlike the competition, the HD 205-II's sound is far more forgiving, smooth and non fatiguing.
• The Sennheiser HD 205-II's bass is rock solid, taut and surprisingly deep without sounding obnoxious.
• The single cord design of the Sennheiser HD 205-II is a welcomed touch and remains tangle free for on-the-go listening.
• The Sennheiser HD 205-IIs aren't as forgiving as some budget cans and can sound downright awful with poorly recorded music and/or lower resolution downloads like those found on iTunes.
• In a world where headphones have become their own fashion accessory, the Sennheiser HD 205-II aren't going to win any real style points, for their black and grey ensemble is vanilla in today's "look at me" Skull Candy world.
• Headphone enthusiasts with dedicated headphone amplifiers are probably going to look elsewhere in the Sennheiser lineup of products, for the HD 205-IIs, while good, lack a certain audiophile flare - which is a shame for they're truly capable performers.
• The Sennheiser HD 205-II are a bit stiff out of the box and take a bit of break-in both physically and audibly before performing at their very best.
For pennies under $80 the Sennheiser HD 205-II represent an awesome musical value for today's music lover on the go. While the Sennheiser HD 205-IIs aren't as garish, visually, as some nor quite audiophile enough for others, but I assure you for those of you who take the leap and buy a pair, you won't care - for they're nearly ideal for plugging into your iPod or iPhone, hitting play and getting on with life. The Sennheiser HD 205-II have been one knee-jerk audio purchase that I've yet to regret. Highly recommended.
• Read dozens more audiophile headphone reviews from STAX, Grado, Autio-technica, Etyomic, Ultimate Ears and many others.