In addition to a whopping eight picture modes and five color-temperature settings, the LC-46D64U features a Color Management System that lets you precisely adjust the hue and saturation of the six color points. The OPC feature automatically adjusts image brightness based on your room's lighting conditions. However, advanced white-balance and gamma controls are not available. The TV features four aspect-ratio options for both HD and SD sources, including a Dot by Dot mode for viewing 1080i/1080p images with no overscan.
A thin, silver speaker bar runs along the bottom of the panel. The audio menu includes treble, bass, and balance controls, as well as a generic surround mode and bass enhancer and the option to turn off the screen and only output an audio signal.
• The LC-46D64U produces a wonderfully detailed 1080p image, and colors look natural.
• Its great light output makes it well suited for a brighter viewing environment.
• The Slim-line form successfully draws your eyes to the screen and helps you fit a larger screen in a smaller space.
• The LC-46D64U's color temperature is somewhat uneven, and the TV can't be calibrated.
• The black level is good but not exceptional, so the image doesn't look quite as rich in a dark room.
• The viewing angle is average, and the screen suffers from uniformity issues.
The LC-46D64U is a solid everyday performer that is especially well suited for a brighter, daytime viewing environment. High-definition images look great, and the TV has a well-rounded connection panel.