Simaudio has introduced a new DAC/headphone amplifier, the MOON Neo 230HAD. The design is based heavily on Simaudio's reference 430HA headphone amplifier and adds a DAC that can process both DSD and hi-res PCM through a variety of digital inputs. The MOON Neo 230HAD is available now and carries a price tag of $1,500.
MOON by Simaudio proudly introduces the MOON N?o 230HAD Headphone Amplifier/Digital-to-Analog Converter, the newest addition to our MOON N?o Series.
Based heavily on the reference 430HA headphone amp and filling an immense void in the current headphone marketplace, the N?o 230HAD offers exceptional performance at a price point that is virtually uninhabited. Additionally, music lovers need a flexible high-quality DAC capable of processing both DSD and hi-res PCM. The internal DSD256/32-bit PCM DAC can be used with virtually any digital source, such as a computer for streaming music, satellite TV receiver or Blu-ray player, offering the same fidelity as a high-performance music system.
The N?o 230HAD is intended for wide range of individuals: those passionate about music who desire a personal listening experience but without the inclination to build a "full blown" music system; someone looking for the perfect desktop solution to a computer-based audio system; people with a high-performance music system that have a craving to use headphones without making a compromise; customers that already have a MOON system and need a control center for a secondary system; or enthusiasts who simply want to get maximum performance from their reasonably efficient, unbalanced headphones.
A headphone amplifier, a DAC and a line-stage preamplifier all housed in one very stylish package.
MOON N?o 230HAD Significant Design Features:
• Inputs include one single-ended on rear-mounted RCAs and one single-ended on 1/8" jack located on the front panel.
• Outputs include a 1?4" TRS headphone jack, as well as both fixed and variable single-ended line-level RCA stereo pairs.
• Fully asynchronous DAC with four (4) digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, Toslink x 1, USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source; supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB input only); supports PCM up to 24-bit/192-kHz (all inputs) and 32-bit/384-kHz (USB input only).
• Pure analog amplifier using a transconductance circuit.
• An oversized power supply using one toroidal transformer in conjunction with eight stages of DC voltage regulation.
• Includes CRM-2 full-function remote control.
The MOON N?o 230HAD is available now with an MSRP $1,500 USD.