At CES, Simaudio showed off the new MOON Neo 280D digital-to-analog converter ($2,200), which includes seven digital inputs (one AES/EBU, two SPDIF, two Toslink, one USB, and Bluetooth) and the option to add the MiND network audio player ($800) for increased streaming flexibility. The Neo 280D decodes PCM up to 32-bit/384-kHz and native DSD up to DSD256, and the analog stage is fully balanced. The Neo 280D will be available early this year.
Simaudio Ltd. proudly introduces the MOON Neo 280D Digital-to-Analog Converter with optional network player, the newest addition to our MOON Neo Series.
Imagine a world of music right at your fingertips. The Neo 280D makes this a reality. Simply launch your favorite music services app on your smart device and pair it to the Neo 280D using Bluetooth technology. Then sit back and enjoy the music.
The Neo 280D’s extraordinary digital engine decodes native DSD up to DSD256, as well as PCM up to 32-bit/384-kHz, including DXD. The fully balanced analog stage features an exceptional DC servo circuit and proprietary third-order filter for lifelike transparency. The result is a level of fidelity that creates an emotional connection to your music.
Adding the optional MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) module provides convenience and a full graphic interface, allowing you to effortlessly access your digital music library with power and flexibility. Which ever way you use the Neo 280D, we are convinced that it will become the center of your musical pleasure.
Neo 280D Significant Design Features:
Fully asynchronous DAC supports native DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB only) & PCM to 384 kHz (32-bit on USB only)
Seven digital inputs (AES/EBU x 1, S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 2, USB x 1 and Bluetooth x 1) allowing for a connection to virtually any digital source
aptX support allows for simplified Bluetooth pairing
• Front-panel LED indicators for input signal PCM sampling & DSD rates and the active input
• Optional eighth digital input through our MiND streaming module (via WiFi or Ethernet)
• The analog stage is a fully balanced differential circuit for increased dynamic range and headroom, higher resolution, as well as improved signal-to-noise ratio
• RS-232 port for full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and firmware updates; IR input for external control
• SimLink controller port for two-way communications between other MOON components; 12V trigger output
The MOON Neo 280D will be available in Q1 2015 with an MSRP of $2,200 USD;
add $800 for the MiND Network Player Module.