Pandora has announced that users can now control their Sonos music products directly within the Pandora mobile app, rather than having to navigate to the Sonos control app. Through the Pandora app, Sonos owners can select and play music, group and ungroup speakers, move music from room to room, and adjust volume. They can even use voice commands via Alexa. Sonos control functionality is available for all tiers of Pandora.
Pandora and Sonos have launched new ways for listeners to control their music on Sonos within Pandora's award-winning mobile app. Listeners can now control Sonos directly through the Pandora mobile app and command Pandora stations with voice commands via Alexa. The new experience also includes support for Premium, Pandora's on-demand service launched earlier this year.
"Pandora listeners love the in-home music experience we've created with Sonos, having logged over 250 million hours this year alone," said Chris Phillips, Chief Product Officer. "We have made it easier than ever to control your home audio listening experience by adding beautifully designed features inside the Pandora app to control your Sonos."
"Sonos owners have enjoyed their favorite Pandora stations in any room since the service joined the Sonos platform back in 2007," said Allen Mask, VP of Partnerships at Sonos. "It is now easier for listeners to access and control all of their music from Pandora, whether it's from the Sonos app, with voice, and now from within the Pandora app--all working together seamlessly."
Welcome to the all-new Pandora experience on Sonos:
● Control all of your in-home music needs from Pandora's intuitive and easy-to-navigate mobile app -- select and play music, group and ungroup speakers, move your music from room to room, adjust volume, and create the perfect mood for any occasion.
● Access on-demand features with Pandora Premium--search and play any song, album or playlist.
● Go hands-free and ask Alexa to play favorite Pandora stations on your Sonos device with voice-control commands.
● Share control with friends who can DJ your in-home Sonos system through their Pandora app.
● Works with all tiers of service -- Pandora, Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium.
Sonos listeners can try Pandora Premium with a free 60-day trial by visiting www.pandora.com/upgrade/premium.
Pandora and Sonos have partnered since 2007 to bring listeners the ultimate home music solution. Pandora is the #1 music streaming service in the U.S. and more than 50% of Sonos owners across the country use Pandora throughout their home.
This integration continues Pandora's commitment to innovation by partnering with industry-leading brands to make it easier than ever for listeners to personalize their music experience everywhere they want to listen. Pandora is currently available on over 2,000 connected devices and streaming platforms including Fitbit, Roku, Google Home, Amazon Echo and Xbox. Pandora has launched in over 200 vehicle models including GM and Honda, making it the most ubiquitous music streaming platform on the market today.
• Sonos Introduces Voice-Controlled Speaker with Alexa Support at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Pandora Premium Music Service Reviewed at HomeTheaterReview.com.