Sonos will soon begin selling its first limited-edition speaker, the PLAY:1 Blue Note Limited Edition. Commemorating the 75th anniversary of Blue Note Records (in 2014), the Blue Note PLAY:1 is finished in shades of blue and comes with the Blue Note on Sonos radio station as a main menu option, which includes three specially curated music channels. The Blue Note PLAY:1 will have an MSRP of $250.
Legendary music deserves to be celebrated. Today, we pay tribute to the jazz legends, their art, and a record label founded on creating a timeless experience with music that captures the energy and emotion of a live performance. To commemorate 75 years and counting of Blue Note Records and a memorable year of collaborations together, we unveil the Sonos PLAY:1 Blue Note Limited Edition.
Available for purchase on Sonos.com in the coming weeks, the Blue Note PLAY:1 puts jazz artists on stage in your home and illustrates our shared dedication to high fidelity.
"We wanted to create an expression of Blue Note's singular style while embracing all the idiosyncrasies of a live performance," said Sonos VP of Design Tad Toulis. "This mindset led us to the design solution - one which captures a singular moment in the act of creation."
Crafted with a custom color developed through hand-painting techniques and strategic use of robots, the speaker's finish features a vertical fade from dark navy to cerulean blue, reflecting the deep bass to the richly detailed highs and lows that people know and love about the PLAY:1.
The Blue Note PLAY:1 comes with the Blue Note on Sonos radio station built into the main menu in the Sonos app, powered by TuneIn. Enjoy a year of Blue Note programming with three curated channels within the station:
• Artist Selects: Available exclusively on the Blue Note PLAY:1, listen vinyl-style to handpicked selections from the greats like Robert Glasper, Jose James, Terence Blanchard, Ambrose Akinmusire, Lionel Loueke, and Don Was himself, who has curated 125 of his personal favorites.
• Born in Blue: We bring together legendary Blue Note artists and those who have sampled them for mixes that celebrate the intersection of modern music and legendary jazz.
• Blue Note 101: Starting with the inception of Blue Note and following its progression to becoming an iconic label, listen and learn about jazz and its evolution over more than 75 years.
You can enjoy the Born in Blue and Blue Note 101 channels on your Sonos at home today and also on your other devices via TuneIn.
The Blue Note PLAY:1 will be sold exclusively on Sonos.com for $250 USD, $280 CAD, €250, and £220, while quantities last. Timing for when you'll be able to purchase this collector's speaker will be released in the coming weeks. We only made about 4,100 and expect them to sell quickly.
To be among the first to know, make sure you're on the list for Sonos emails. For more, visit: http://www.sonos.com/BlueNote.
• Sonos 5.3 App Ias Now Available in Beta for Android Users at HomeTheaterRevew.com.
• Sonos Play:3 Wireless HiFi System Reviewed at HomeTheaterReview.com.