• This TV has a 1080p resolution and will accept 24p sources via its HDMI inputs.
• LCDs can be very bright, which makes them a good choice for a brightly lit viewing environment.
• The 46RV525R has a solid number of video inputs and picture adjustments.
• It's EnergyStar 3.0-compliant.
• The 46RV525R does not include 120Hz technology to reduce motion blur and film judder.
• The TV doesn't have a USB port or SD card slot that supports digital media playback, nor does it include an Ethernet port for Web connectivity.
• This LCD uses a traditional fluorescent backlight, so its black level is not as good as that of a higher-end LED-based LCD.
• LCD viewing angles are only average.
Toshiba's 46RV525R is a fairly stripped-down model that's best suited to someone who wants a 46-inch 1080p LCD at a good price and is not interested in higher-end features like LED backlighting and 120Hz technology.
• Read more LED HDTV reviews from the staff at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• Find a Blu-ray player to get the most out of the 46RV525R's picture.