Trinnov has announced a new eight-channel amplifier, the Amplitude8, that's designed to complement the company's acclaimed Altitude32 pre/pro. Each of the Amplitude8's channels can deliver up to 500 watts RMS at two ohms, and a single channel can deliver 1,200 watts peak power. As you may know, the Altitude32 pre/pro is capble of processing up to 32 channels, so you can connect four of the new amps. A single TASCAM-standard D-Sub 25 cable connects eight amp channels to the pre/pro. The Amplitude8 is available now for $13,500.
TRINNOV Audio is introducing the remarkable new Amplitude8 power amplifier at CEDIA 2016.
The Amplitude8 is designed to deliver spectacular performance in a luxury home theater. With two large, linear power supplies, each with its own toroidal transformer and dedicated power cord, each of the eight channels of the Amplitude8 can deliver up to 500 watts rms at two ohms. Perhaps more importantly, any single channel associated with either power supply can deliver 1,200 watts peak power to handle transients.
The amplification stage of the Amplitude8 features the industry's lowest distortion and noise specifications, and what little noise there is remains frequency independent with a s/n ratio of -125 dB. The importance of this trait cannot be overestimated in a theater that may have twenty or thirty speakers in a single room. If each of those speakers were producing even a small amount of noise, it would rapidly become noticeable and unacceptable. This scenario never arises with the Amplitude8.
As you might expect, the Amplitude8 integrates seamlessly with the Altitude32 AV preamp.
• The Amplitude8's input level perfectly matches the output level of the Altitude32 for optimum use of the enormous available dynamic range.
• Eight channels of the Altitude32 can be connected to each Amplitude8 with a single, TASCAM-standard D-Sub 25 cable, which greatly speeds the error-free wiring of a rack and simplifies both the wiring harnesses and the final dressing of the rack.
• The Amplitude8 front panel was designed to complement the appearance of the Altitude32 and will look magnificent in your final installation.
• A full 32-channel system including the AV preamp and all amplification requires less than 20U of rack space, yet delivers almost 10,000 watts of power at eight ohms.
The Amplitude8 is made in America and available now. The MSRP is $13,500.
• Trinnov Adds DTS:X to the Altitude32 Pre/Pro at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• PRO Audio and Trinnov Partner to Show Off 3D Audio at HomeTheaterReview.com.