So you want to live like a rock star? Then you need Ultimate Ears UE10pro in-ear monitors, as they are the absolute reference standard in-ear monitor for performers of all ages, genres and beyond. These ultra-high-technology speakers are designed to go right into your ear canal and present the most accurate, dynamic sound you have ever heard. Today, the Ultimate Ear UR10Pro costs (without a professional fitting which is needed) $1,150, which makes them absolutely the most expensive speaker of their kind on the market.
While my rock star days are way past me, my needs (and willingness to spend like a rock star) for the absolute best iPod speakers is pretty high, so I plunked down the money for the Ultimate Ears. Their three way speaker system is technically pretty impressive considering the whole system fits right in your ears. While I will likely never grace a stage again for one of my Nigel Tufnell-like guitar solos, I can hide in First Class with a world of music on my iPod touch that delivers my entire music collection without compression to me in the palm of my hand literally anywhere I am in the world. That is incredibly valuable to me.
Sonically, the Ultimate Ears UE11pro is a juggernaut. They are the most neutral, accurate in-ear monitor you can buy. They have dynamics, impressive bass and pretty fantastic imaging without the worry of in-room acoustics. The flavor of these speakers is distinctly professional audio meaning they sound dry. There is no bump or tweak that helps MP3s sound better. Use your iPod for that with their built-in equalizer because these headphones are scary accurate.
Read about the high points and low points of the UE11pro on Page 2.
- You can't get a more accurate in-ear headphone. You could argue that you couldn't get a more accurate headphone at any level. With that said, I can't see you dragging a Stax tube headphone system with you on a Boeing 777 or Gulfstream G450 from London to Los Angeles unless you were a true mad man.
- The bass is better than you expect.
- The dynamics are killer on these headphones. They are transient, fast and responsive even when you pipe in crappy, compressed audio. Ear buds can kiss my ass.
- You must get a professional fitting to make these headphones fit your ears.
- I never was able to make these in-ear monitor fit my ears correctly despite Ultimate Ears' willingness to fit them over and over again. Literally, they were painful for me to have in my ears but don't write too much into that other than they didn't fit will in my ears. They fit in nearly every rock star's ears without issue and while I can be a diva - I am nothing like some of these superstars. Also note that there are softer pieces that can be fitted onto the end of your UE11pro in-ear headphones to add to their comfort.
If you are looking for the most high-end in-ear headphones on the planet - look no farther than the Ultimate Ears UE11pros. They are something to truly behold. They are not plug and play earphones. They are professional audio devices capable of dropping the noise threshold around you by meaningful levels while providing you incredible dynamics, audiophile sound and more. If money isn't the issue in your pursuit of the ultimate sound for your iPod then you must consider Ultimate Ears UE11pro in-ear monitors.