VIZIO has announced official pricing for its much-anticipated Reference Series Dolby Vision-enabled UHD TVs: the 65-inch RS65-B2 will be priced at $5,999.99, and the 120-inch RS120-B3 will be priced at $129,999.99. Both models can be special-ordered via the VIZIO website, to be delivered and set up by a local custom installer.
Warner Brothers has also announced a slate of Dolby Vision UHD movies, available for playback on the VIZIO TVs through the VUDU video-on-demand platform, including San Andreas, Mad Max: Fury Road, Magic Mike XXL, Jupiter Ascending, Man of Steel, and The Great Gatsby.
VIZIO, Inc. and Dolby Laboratories, Inc. have announced pricing and availability of the all-new VIZIO Reference Series, the industry's first-ever complete High Dynamic Range solution with Dolby Vision playback technology. Offered at an MSRP of $5,999.99 for the 65-inch class model (RS65-B2) and $129,999.99 for the 120-inch class model (RS120-B3), the premium collection is packed with groundbreaking innovations designed to make cinephiles rejoice. Equipped with Ultra Color Spectrum for a wider color gamut, and a quantum dot panel in the 65-inch class model, the high-end Reference Series features an 800-nit, Full-Array LED backlight and 384 Active LED Zones for a stunningly vivid Ultra HD picture. Customers will receive immediate access to certain Warner Bros. Home Entertainment 4K Ultra HD Dolby Vision mastered titles via the popular video on-demand streaming service, VUDU. Additional Dolby Vision titles from other content providers will soon be available through Netflix. Interested consumers can submit their orders now at VIZIO.com and will then be contacted by a local custom installer to arrange delivery and a white-glove setup service.
Designed for cinephiles and high-end home theater enthusiasts, the premium Reference Series collection pushes the boundaries of brightness, color and contrast. Unlike most TVs, which can only reproduce Rec. 709--the long-time color space standard--the Reference Series features Ultra Color Spectrum technology for a wider color gamut, with a quantum dot panel in the 65-inch class model, rendering colors closer to the range a human eye can see. The incredible picture is enhanced further by a Full-Array 800-nit LED backlight with an unprecedented 384 Active LED Zones, enabling a wider range of luminance and precise contrast control.
Dolby Vision playback technology on the Reference Series enables a dramatically enhanced viewing experience, with increased brightness capacity and color accuracy. With enhanced reproduction of luminance, Dolby Vision creates a new level of high contrast range with true-to-life intensity, more accurately reproducing the nuances in every picture to reveal fine details.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has expanded its slate of movies available in Dolby Vision via VUDU on the VIZIO Reference Series. In addition to previously announced content, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment continues its steady pipeline of remastered 4K Ultra HD titles with Dolby Vision to include San Andreas, Mad Max: Fury Road, Magic Mike XXL, Jupiter Ascending, Man of Steel, The Great Gatsby and more.
Consumers can enjoy Dolby Vision content right away on the VIZIO Reference Series through streaming partner VUDU. An ongoing list of upcoming titles available for streaming in Dolby Vision can be found at VUDU.com/UHD.
Netflix has also committed to remastering content in Dolby Vision and is expected to deliver season one of its popular adventure drama Marco Polo as its first Dolby Vision release via the Netflix app soon. Netflix will also offer season two of Marco Polo in Dolby Vision upon premiere.
Additional Reference Series Collection Features Include:
• Blazing fast 802.11ac dual-band WiFi for a fast, efficient streaming experience.
• VIZIO Internet Apps Plus for access to High Dynamic Range playback through VUDU and Ultra HD content through apps including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, UltraFlix, and Toon Goggles.
• Seamless discovery and organization of apps with support from the HEVC H.265 codec and the VIZIO V6 six-core processor.
• Clear Action 1800 and a blazing fast 240Hz effective refresh rate achieved with backlight scanning for superior motion clarity and a VM50 Engine for dedicated Ultra HD motion and picture-processing.
• A powerful Spatial Scaling Engine beautifully transforms ordinary 1080p pixels to finer, more accurate Ultra HD pixels.
• Future-ready HDMI ports to help ensure usability of next generation cable and satellite receivers, Blu-ray players and game consoles.
• A breakthrough achievement for integrated home theater audio in the 65-inch class model supplemented by a powerful 10-inch wireless subwoofer and two rear satellite speakers.
• Top-of-the-line audio technologies from Dolby and DTS, including over 101 dB of crystal-clear sound with less than one percent harmonic distortion.
Customers can visit VIZIO.com now to submit their 65-inch or 120-inch VIZIO Reference Series order now.
VIZIO 65" Reference Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (R65-B2) $5,999.99 (MSRP)
VIZIO 120" Reference Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (RS120-B3) $129,999.99 (MSRP)
• VIZIO Files for IPO at HomeTheaterReview.com.
• VIZIO Unveils New Ultra HD TVs at Spring Line Show at HomeTheaterReview.com.