Western Digital just introduced a variety of new entertainment options for the WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub media players. Current and new users can now enjoy Red Bull TV, ABC iview (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Acetrax, Maxdome, the BILD TV-App, and the AOL On Network. They can also watch live and recorded TV with the new SlingPlayer app and save their premium HD movies to the WD TV Live Hub’s internal storage with VUDU.
WD’s new entertainment choices add to the WD TV media player family’s ability to play personal content such as videos, photos and music by supporting a wide range of media formats. Users can watch content located on any networked PC or Mac computer in the home, from a network drive such as WD’s My Book Live personal cloud storage, and from any directly connected digital camcorder, camera, or USB drive. WD TV Live Hub owners can also save and share pictures and videos from outside the home, using the WD Photos app for iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices.
The WD TV Live Hub offers direct HD movie download service for new movie releases purchased from VUDU’s library of movies and TV shows. Because it has an integrated 1TB hard drive, the WD TV Live Hub can save and play back purchased digital content from VUDU, including the high-quality HDX video format that features 1080p Full HD and rich Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio.
New Services Now Available:
• SlingPlayer (worldwide) – With a Slingbox connected in your home, the SlingPlayer app brings your living room TV experience to your connected device in any room – around the home or around the world.
• The AOL On Network (US) – The AOL HD app, part of The AOL On Network, features high-definition technology, lifestyle, celebrity and entertainment content updated daily from The AOL On Network, which features video from brands like Engadget, TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and Moviefone.
• Red Bull TV (worldwide) – A unique online portal offering exclusive high quality programs from the World of Red Bull in HD. Available to nearly all devices – Red Bull TV offers worldwide live webcasts and a thematic catalogue of VODs complementing exclusive shows of the multimedia content of redbull.com.
• ABC iview (Australia) – ABC iview is Australia’s most popular catch-up TV service and is run by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). It features 14-day catch-up from channels ABC1, ABC2, ABC3, ABC4Kids and ABC News 24.
• Acetrax movies (UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy and Austria) – Available on the WD TV Live only, this service offers blockbuster new release and library movies from the major Hollywood studios.
• maxdome (Germany) – Available on the WD TV Live only, the most popular German video-on-demand service maxdome delivers over 45,000 major film and TV titles.
• BILD TV-App (Germany) – With the BILD TV-App users navigate easily and comfortably with the remote control through Germany’s largest news and entertainment portal. The application offers the latest news and videos from politics, lifestyle, entertainment and sports, as well as the pictures of the day.
The WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub can be purchased at select retailers and online at wdstore.com.