• The LD-4655VX's edge-lit LED design allows for energy efficiency and a fairly slim cabinet.
• The TV has a 120Hz refresh rate
to reduce motion blur.
• LCDs can be very bright, which makes them a good choice for a well-lit viewing environment.
• Westinghouse uses environmentally conscious packaging.
• The LD-4655VX is a good value.Low Points
Edge-lit LED-based LCD TVs can suffer from brightness-uniformity
issues, and this model lacks local dimming to more precisely adjust the
LED lighting to improve black level and uniformity.
• LCD viewing angles are not as good you'll find with a plasma TV.
• The LD-4655VX does not include a Web platform, network connectivity, or media-friendly USB/SD ports
• Connections and picture adjustments are limited. There are only two HDMI inputs and no component video input.
• This is not a 3D-capable TV.
• The TV lacks an IR or RS-232 port.
Competition and Comparison
Compare the Westinghouse LD-4655VX with
its competition by reading the reviews for the Sony KDL-40EX620
and Dynex DX-46L260A12
Learn more about LED-based LCD TVs by visiting our LED HDTV section
a street price around $650, the LD-4655VX is a very good value for a
46-inch, 1080p HDTV that offers edge LED lighting and a 120Hz refresh
rate. Yes, the LD-4655VX is lean in features, but that's to be expected
at this price point. The only real area of concern is its connection
panel. With only two HDMI inputs and no component video, you're limited
to two HD-capable sources (plus a computer via VGA). If all you've got
are a cable/satellite box and a Blu-ray player, then you're fine. Add
anything else, though, and you're going to need to invest in an external
switcher, which adds to the bottom line. With that limitation in mind,
the LD-4655VX makes a lot of sense as a second-room TV, perhaps for a
family room or bedroom where you may not connect as many sources.Additional Resources
• Read more LED HDTV reviews
from the staff at Home Theater Review.
• Find Blu-ray players in our Blu-ray Player Review section
• Learn more about HDTVs at HDTVetc.com