New HDMI Baluns Provide Connectivity Solutions for Installations Requiring Signal Distribution Over Long Distances.
Niles Audio Corporation has expanded its line of CAT-5 Baluns to include HDMI connectivity solutions for installations requiring extended signal runs over long distances. Available in component-style and wall-mount models, Niles HDMI CAT-5 Baluns are compliant with HDMI version 1.3, which enables next generation HDTVs, PCs, DVRs and DVD players to transmit and display content in billions of colors. This provides integrators with a solution that utilizes the latest technology for installations already pre-wired with CAT-5 cable. The new HDMI models feature active circuitry that provides the flexibility to place the power supply at either end of the cable run, whichever makes the most sense for the installation.
"Niles new HDMI CAT-5 Baluns provide custom installation professionals with a complete and up-to-date assortment of CAT-5 balun solutions," said Mike "Sparky" Detmer, vice president of sales and marketing for Niles. "Niles HDMI CAT-5 Baluns offer integrators the perfect balance between performance and flexibility, so they always have the ideal connectivity solution for any project," Detmer added.
Niles' HDMI baluns convert high-definition audio and video signals to balanced circuit topology enabling the signals to be transmitted over long runs of low cost CAT-5/CAT-6 cabling. Operating in pairs, baluns require both a transmitter and a receiver with the transmitter typically located near the source component and the receiver located near a flat panel display. Sold individually, Niles HDMI CAT-5 Baluns provide transmitters and receivers in both component-style and wall-mount versions providing the installer with the flexibility to specify the optimum configuration for any location. HDMI CAT-5 Baluns utilize dual runs of CAT-5 cabling to support HDMI signal transmission of up to 100 ft. for 1080P resolution. Lower resolutions can be transmitted over even longer runs. The HDMI CAT-5 Baluns retail at $249.95 each with initial shipments expected to begin October 2008.
• Niles expands its line of CAT-5 Baluns to include HDMI connectivity solutions
• Niles HDMI CAT-5 Baluns are HDMI 1.3 compliant
• Niles HDMI CAT-5 Baluns are sold individually and are available in both component-style and wall-mount models providing the flexibility to specify the optimum solution for each location
• Niles HDMI CAT-5 Baluns utilize dual runs of CAT-5 cabling to support HDMI signal transmission of up to 100 ft. for 1080P resolution
• Model C5-HDMI T is a component-style HDMI CAT-5 Balun Transmitter
• Model C5-HDMI R is a component-style HDMI CAT-5 Balun Receiver
• Model C5-HDMI TWM is a single-gang, wall-mount HDMI CAT-5 Balun Transmitter
• Model C5-HDMI RWM is a single-gang, wall-mount HDMI CAT-5 Balun Receiver
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1-800-BUY-HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting www.nilesaudio.com.